To improve TB care and prevention in low- and middle-income countries by strengthening policies and enabling local capacity building.
- To inform TB policy decision-making at the national and sub-national level by applying a comprehensive and accessible modelling framework.
- To enable local capacity building and ownership through training and support.
What is TIME?
- TIME Estimates: quantify the current TB and overlapping TB/HIV burden in country.
- TIME Impact: quantify and gain further insight into the current epidemiological burden (TIME Estimates and TIME Impact), project how it may change in the future through NTP planned activities (TIME Impact).
- TIME Economics: link NTP activities to their costs, and enable prioritisation of activities to improve the allocative efficiency of the programme
- One Health TB: Construct detailed TB budget and projections for internal NTP use or for domestic (treasury department) or international (e.g. GFATM) funders through One Health TB tool.
Strengths of TIME:
- Comprehensive and flexible modelling framework that can be customised to any local TB epidemiological situation.
- User-friendly interface to enable capacity building.
- Free for download, no cost to use.
- Wide application so far and thoroughly tested, GTB confirmed.
- Support network available at LSHTM, Avenir Health and KNCV – for further information, please send an email to